Moving can be an incredibly stressful experience without the right preparation and help. Avoid potential hassles with the following moving tips:
- Declutter and get rid of items no longer wanted and needed at least a couple of weeks prior to the move.
- Make sure your company is licensed and insured.
- Verify the moving company’s address. Ask for a business card or pull up the mover’s website and then look up the listed address online.
- Avoid a blank moving contract. Ensure that the complete moving estimate including any extra fees are included.
- Avoid using moving companies that offer “one-size-fits-all” moving solutions.